Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Week 3

Sadly, I am already posting late!  This week I do have a valid excuse though since my 10 month old sneezed on me (well, directly in my mouth) and I have been fighting a nasty cold ever since.  I didn't have much energy to do photos over the weekend and today I sound terrible, but strangely feel better.  Anyway, I picked a subject that has provided a lot of joy recently, but then swapped it out for a last minute photo opportunity that caught my attention...

Originally I was going to post the photo of my new faucet - the one where water actually flowed with force!  Recently our water pressure in the kitchen and master shower have had issues.  We bought a new faucet and shower head and bingo!  We now have water pressure again.  In the meantime, we either need to clean out our hot water heater or replace it because it looks like there was possible build up that broke free and plugged up both areas.  Since this water heater has been around since 1988, I think it might be time.  Okay, I derailed ... photos.  Here is what I picked:



Photo Details:
Exposure time 1/100 sec, Aperture f/2.0, ISO 400, Focal Length 50 mm, Lens Canon EF 50mm, handheld

Why This Photo:
The end result was way more interesting than a running faucet (even though that made my life much happier).  I was about to run upstairs to process when I saw the candle and thought, "Huh, let me flip off the lights and see what I get."

Challenges/Lessons Learned:
Don't always stick to your plan - other random stuff may actually be better!

Carter Photo of the Week


Photo Details:
Exposure time 1/125 sec, Aperture f/1.6, ISO 400, Focal Length 50 mm, Lens Canon EF 50mm, handheld

No comments:

Post a Comment