Saturday, January 2, 2010

Let 2010 Begin!

After spending a week full of long evenings filing and tagging all twenty five hundred photos I took in 2009 (and that was after I deleted all the crap ones), I feel finally ready to start photographing in 2010.  I probably should have called this blog "Project 104" because each week you will likely see a photo of my nine month old son as well as another photo that I took to actually learn from.  I know that my mother will be happy that I will devote at least one photo a week to him, hopefully the rest of you will enjoy it as well.

I have always admired people who can commit to taking and posting 365 photos in a year - I can't do it.  I can hardly remember what I ate for lunch yesterday let alone try to remember to take at least one photo a day.  I figured I would start with a managable one a week until I am able to quit my job and then pretend I actually have more time.

I am shooting with a Canon 40D (upgraded from my 20D last year) and have dreams of getting the Canon 5D Mark II someday, but I think that day is a long way off.  I am working on trying to get the EF 24-70mm f/2.8L lens first.  I told my husband I was willing to sell his body to get it - still don't have it unfortunately.  Read into that what you want ;-)

I do however have the Canon 50mm f/1.4 that I love, as well as the Canon 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6, Canon 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and then the kit 18-55mm.  I borrowed my brothers' Canon 16-35mm f/2.8L lens and fell in love with the L series.  Now I will beg, borrow, and steal to try to acquire them.

I will post my first photo for my weekly project by end of day Sunday, January 10th and will try to continue posting during that timeframe each week.  To start the year off right, here is a snapshot I took of Carter, my nine month old, on New Years morning.  It is hard work being this cute (and yes, the superman curl does that all on its own - we do not pose it).



No comments:

Post a Comment