Sunday, January 10, 2010

Week 1

I have a few lessons learned this week...  Not super crazy about what I ended up with, but here goes... this is from my Mom's Night Out at a Wine Bar on friday:



Photo details:
Exposure time 1/10 sec, Aperture f/1.4, ISO 800, Focal Length 50 mm, Lens Canon EF 50mm, tripod

Why this photo?
I took a few photos of just wine glasses together and one of wine glasses, an appetizer, and one of the moms in the background eating one of the apps - except I promised I wouldn't post any of people eating!  This one was more interesting with the horses head shown on the bottle and the food leading up to the drink.

Challenges:
LOW LOW light.  I brought a tripod with me knowing that it would likely be the case and knew that shooting people would be out unless I used a flash (which I was hoping not to).  I need to adjust the white balance on my camera to a custom setting, as it always comes out warmer than it should and I end up adjusting it after the fact in Lightroom.  Another challenge - trying to still be social while setting up and taking photos ... this is something that I will need to just get over.  I felt bad that I wasn't participating in the conversations while I was setting up and shooting and after the fact I really don't think that people minded.  Also - a monopod would have been nice as space was tight.

Lessons Learned This Week:
I need to take my camera everywhere with me.  I was driving into work on Thursday and the sunrise on Mount Rainier was beyond incredible.  It was hot pink across the entire mountain and I WISH I had my camera, as that would have made it as the photo of the week.  I got a new backpack camera bag for Christmas to allow for easier toting, so I shouldn't have that excuse anymore.

Carter Photo of the Week:



This may not be important or interesting to most people - but it is HUGE in our family!  Carter - our nine and a half month old toothless wonder - is FINALLY getting his first tooth and I had to wrestle with him to get this photo.  He was not very happy with me, wailing the entire time, but I can see the tooth & got a photo of it!

Photo details:
Exposure time 1/250 sec, Aperture f/5.6, ISO 800 (was so excited, forgot to change it until after the fact), Focal Length 55 mm, Lens Canon EFS 18-55mm kit, handheld with flash

No comments:

Post a Comment